Some of the more common reasons for hair loss we see are:
- Male pattern baldness
- Androgenetic alopecia
- Diffuse hair loss
- Traumatic hair loss or breakage
– Chemical traumatic alopecia
– Thermal traumatic
– Physical traumatic
Top 5 Tips:
1. Go to your doctor and get a blood test, outlining your reasons for wanting a test.
– It is important that you ensure there are no underlying medical conditions contributing to your hair loss.
2. Immediately stop using non professional products on your hair and scalp.
– Shop bought products are full of nasty ingredients that leave a layer of scum on the scalp which makes it incredibly difficult for existing or new hair to grow.
3. Invest in vitamins.
– When we’re stressed our bodies prioritise other areas. This can lead to a deficiency in vital vitamins and minerals that make our hair healthy and strong. Click Here to see some of our favourites.
4. Invest in a silk pillowcase – why? Silk is a protein, so is our hair. Friction is caused on cotton pillowcases while we sleep, and friction can accelerate loss. They are great for wrinkle prevention too!!
5. Make an appointment with the Trichology clinic. Our Dublin clinic is coming soon.
When we break it down, we need a healthy scalp to maintain healthy hair. Your scalp needs to beclear, for new hair to break through. Professional products, exfoliating of the scalp, using energising products to awaken and strengthen the follicles and support the blood flow is so beneficial. We are here to help – looking forward to welcoming you to our Dublin clinic very shortly.